As I announced in colleges during “Undoing Lord Macaulay” seminar and/or at the time of Computer Fundamentals Workshop; among my upcoming workshops, “Multi-OS Installation Workshop is on 9th and 10th of April, 2016 (Saturday and Sunday).
Speaker Details and Feedbacks are at :
SunBeam Institute of Information Technology
‘Sunbeam’, Plot No. R/2, Market Yard Road, Behind Hotel Fulora,
Gultekdi, Pune – 411037.
Tel. : +91-20-65330101, 65330202
Saturday : 02:00 pm to 08:30 pm
Sunday : 11:00 am to 01:00 pm and 02:00 pm to 08:30 pm
How to register :
Registration Link :
a) Better for people staying outside Pune or living far away from Sunbeam or Class :
Register at http://admission.sunbeaminfo.com/aspx/RegistrationForm.aspx?BatchID=300160409 and follow the instructions given there.
b) Better for those who are current class students :
1) Register at http://admission.sunbeaminfo.com/aspx/RegistrationForm.aspx?BatchID=300160409
2) Generate the Challan Copies with all things filled up.
3) Alike Computer Fundamentals seminar come to class and representatives will collect funds on class days from†8.15 pm to 10.30 pm. Please get Challan Copies along with, so we (Volunteer) can give the Signed Student Copy.
c) Others : only if space is available, first come first basis :
Come on the spot but 1 hour before the seminar start time.
Please Read The Following Carefully To Avoid Misunderstandings And Losses :
[ Please be patient while reading this content. I assure, you will not regret ]
As I told you during “Computer Fundamentals Workshop” that these are “those” Fundamentals which we Indian IT people may not know or may not understand and still pretend to deserve our degrees and jobs and salaries. That is why we are being called as “Cheap Unskilled Liar Labours”, and that is how “CANCER SPREADS”.
Similarly this “Multi-OS Installation Workshop” is not only about installing 9 Operating Systems on 1 machine but about many other things like :
01) Why : Necessity/Benefits,
02) BIOS With Respect To OS Installation,
03) EMT64/i386/x86/IA64/x64/x86_64 Terminology.
05) Boot Sector With Respect To OS Installation,
07) Partition Table,
08) MBR Partitioning Scheme,
09) GUID Partition Table (GPT) Partitioning Scheme, Supported OSs
10) Disk Cylinder/Head/Sector/LBA/LVM,
11) Partitioning Commands, Tools,
12) Capacities And Limitations Of Hard Disks,
13) Booting ( Live CD/LiveUSB )
14) Seven Boot Loaders And Ram-Disks.
15) GRUB/NLDR Tweaking, Chain-loading, Configurations And Installations,
16) File Systems And Their Identifiers,
17) Quick Format And Low Level Or “0” Level Format Of Disks,
18) Specialities Of Operating Systems With Respect To Their Order Of Installations,
19) Flavours/Distros Of Unix/Linux.
20) ACPI Tables/DSDT/SSDT/BUS Ratio,
21) System Files Of Different Operating Systems,
22) Types Of GUIs,
23) Linux And Other OS Terminology Of Disk,
25) GRUB2 Configuration,
26) Hibernation Of New Windows OS,
27) MBR/NTLDR/BootMGR/GRUB/GPT Troubleshooting Commands.
28) Virtualisation – Concepts, Types, Examples.
29) Emulator/Simulator Difference And Examples.
30) Apple Mac OS X : Macintosh/Hackintosh,
Following 9 Operating Systems will be used for installations :
[ I will tell you why I particularly chose these 9 OS ]
7 for native installation + 2 for virtual machine installation ( VirtualBox )
01) Microsoft Windows 7 – 32 Bit
02) Open Solaris – 64 Bit
03) PC-BSD – 64 Bit
04) Microsoft Windows 8.1 – 64 Bit
05) Open SuSE Linux – 64 Bit
06) Red Hat Fedora Core – 64 Bit
07) Apple Mac OS X – 64 Bit
08) Ubuntu – 64 Bit
09) Microsoft Windows 2012 Server – 64 Bit
* DEMOS :
At the end of workshop there will be DEMOS of my Multi-OS laptop and applications :
[ Few attend this workshop again-and-again just to see this ]
Rarely seen OSes :
Which are “unthinkable” for many people to have on laptop
01) MS-DOS 6.22
02) Windows 3.1
03) SCO UnixWare ( The actual PC Unix )
04) Novel Netware
05) Full featured Mac OS X without Mac
OpenGL-CUDA Demos : “Graphics Programming of Realism”
Something that IT people say “impossible” for one person to do.
* Prerequisites :
– Brain with full of whys and hows about computers.
– Mind with passion and patience of learning.
– A notebook and a pen.
– It is recommended but not must to have “Computer Fundamentals Workshop” already attended.
* Notes/CDs/DVDs :
Installation notes with few CD/DVDs will be provided to you
* What it is NOT about :
– Network Installation/Administration ( PXE Boot ) :
Topic of a separate workshop.
– Post-OS Troubleshooting :
So many troubles are there and you can not make everybody happy at all times. Although some vital tips are given in workshop.
– Laptop Installation/Troubleshooting :
Whose warranty period is still going on.
I found that Laptop service centre people complain about this.
Usually Laptop is much expensive and bought by parents’ money.
– Cloud OS/Distributed OS :
This is matter of multiple machines/nodes/clusters.
– Embedded/Mobile OS :
I have separate workshop for this, which includes
Kernel Customisation And Cross-Compile Toolchain Programming.
* Who should NOT attend :
– Those who are Syllabus/Examination/Job oriented.
– Those who are unable to sit/see/hear for long time ( I mean it ).
– Those who are unable to put their mobiles/facebook/whatsapp “SWITCHED-OFF”.
– Those who are ALWAYS busy for weekends.
– Those who are tired/bored of learning ( Really I mean it ).
– Those who are market driven rather than passion driven.
– Those who are managing “doers” rather than being one.
Special Precaution :
Workshop days may extend up to around 9-00 PM. “WOMEN SAFETY” is at utmost priority. So please reconsider in case of time and pickup constraints.
* Certificate :
A duly signed certificate of attendance of this workshop will be given.
[ I am writing this the “last”, because I want you to value it the “least” ]
* NEWS/RUMOUR :
I heard from many students that they get good jobs by understanding and doing Multi-OS installation on their laptops.
Dr. Vijay D Gokhale.